By Arif Qoreshi
Islamabad: President Milli-Yakjehti-Council, Qazi Hussain Ahmed on Wednesday said that challenges being faced by the country can be countered through national unity and interfaith harmony.
Addressing media-men here at the conclusion of dialogue held under the auspices of Milli-Yakjehti Council (MYC) participated by various religious scholars and Mashaikh,
Qazi Hussain Ahmed said that Milli-Yakjehti-Council is not “political grouping or an electoral alliance”. “It is an ideological platform which works for safeguarding national interests and will guide the nation in religious matters.”
Qazi Hussain Ahmed said that objective of this new body is to create awareness among public on various sensitive issues and find their solutions through consensus.
Milli-Yakjehti-Council leaders condemned reopening of supply lines for Nato forces in Afghanistan and said that the decision would involve Pakistani in Afghan war.
During the meeting of Milli-Yakjehti-Council they decided to promote sectarian harmony through Friday sermons and will issue guidance to clergies for their speeches on Friday.
The religious leaders unanimously condemned the use of religion for acts of terror and said any such thinking was contrary to Islam.
Nearly 40 leaders and representatives of religious parties and groups participated in the meeting headed by National Solidarity Council chairman Qazi Hussain Ahmed, former chief of the Jamaat-e-Islami.
Milli-Yakjehti-Council Reviewed suggestions from different religious leaders to make the council more active.
- The meeting also announced to celebrate the Independence Day of Pakistan on 27 Ramadan.
- During the meeting alama amin Shaheedi, Deputy Secretary General Majlis-e-Wahdat-e-Muslimeen (MWM) was made finance secretary of the National Solidarity Council.
- Maulana abdroof has been appointed as deputy secretary journal and mohmmad khan leghari of Jamiat ulema Pakistan as secraetaty information respectively.
- It is announce that Milli-Yakjehti-Council will be organized and strengthened at provincial level and its office bearers will meet on August 29 in Lahore for this purpose.
- Next meetings in this regard will be held in Gilgit, Muzaffarabad on September 5 and September 8 respectively while September 12 has been fixed for meeting in Sindh.
- it is decided that the dates of the meetings in Peshawar and Quetta will be decided during session in Gilgit on September 5.
- Milli-Yakjehti-Council also announced for holding National Mashaikh and Ulema Conference at Convention Centre in Islamabad on September 26.
- MYC also condemned killings of Muslims in Myanmar and demanded OIC and United Nations to take effective steps against the killings and provide safety to Muslims.